Monday, June 23, 2008

Facilities Management

After interviewing Ms. Guo, I had another interview with Dan Jones from Facilities Management the next day. Yes, I might be crazy to extensively remember so much stuff from a month ago, but I'm trying my best to catch up.

I went to see Dan Jones to get an update on the construction projects that Tech is doing for the summer. Having something about the construction on the main Tech website is something that should deserve more attention. At least Public Information would have the official story.

I talked with Dan earlier in the week to set up the interview. It was important that I actually see the map and plans to get a better idea of what is going on with the construction. Dan is great to talk to because he gives you details down to the specific names for the terms. After spending two hours talking with him, my entire morning was already used up. I knew I had a great story. He was very helpful and followed up with an email with pictures of the maps to put alongside the story.

One thing to note, all construction projects are all subject to funding; however I can't say that in the article. I had to carefully write the article to make it sound like the projects are ongoing, but that there is no guarantee that they will come out the way Dan said they would be.

In the afternoon, I spent a lot of time getting things sorted out for the following week. I had plenty of articles to work on and get to finishing them and uploaded on the Tech website. I finished the article in-time before leaving for Philadelphia, yet it got lost in the emails that go to Kathy for one last-check before being uploaded onto the website.

No comments: