Thursday, June 26, 2008

Philadephia

My last interview before heading out to Philly was with Facilities Management. The next day I was on a plane heading to the other side of the country.

Philadelphia, City of Brotherly Love, is a unique city to visit. Albuquerque and the similar West Coast contrasts with the East Coast and Philadelphia.

Four members, including myself, from our STC student chapter went the national STC conference on June 1-4, 2008. There, we networked with a bunch of awesome TCers, and then some. We proved to be quite famous out there while we networked with several professionals from our field.

In addition, we also met with Becca Taylor, one of our corporate board members from the TC program. Throughout the advice she and Char James-Tanny, the secretary for STC, we were set for our time at the conference.

Without the support of members of STC who adopted us while we were in Philadelphia, it would not be a memorable experience for us.

I thought I'd share that for this blog entry. I just wish we stayed in Philadelphia a bit longer to see more of the city and actually be tourists!

I met a couple of cool people for once!

No comments: