Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day Three

Today was the day I began on a different story. I was assigned to write about the Chinese Ph.D. student, Ms. Yanyan Guo, who recently won the Langmuir Award in Research Excellence.

This was a new mission. I had to research what the Langmuir Award was, who Ms. Guo was, and find out who to contact. My first bets were to find emails of all of these people, the professor who nominated her, graduate office, etc.

It was not that difficult to find information about the award; I had a hard time with patience waiting for email replies. It wasn't until after work was over that I received emails from both Dr. Zhang and Ms. Guo. We set the meeting for Thursday at 1 p.m. This worked well with my scheduled interview at 2 p.m. with Dr. Matt Heizler.

I wrote most of the story for the Langmuir Award through the research I picked up about it. Now for the next day to interview these people.

No comments: