Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Articles Articles Articles

The more and more I stay here, the more interesting these articles get to be.

I'm currently working on a couple of articles that bring Tech in light of the awesome things that they are doing.

Last week was a total waste of time. I was without a computer for a couple of days because ISD was replacing it with a better and faster machine. Additionally, we were shifting around the office layout to make things better to walk through.

In addition, in the middle of the week, I was unexpectedly summoned to go to a funeral for a family friend. Luckily, I got a bunch done that week. So far, I went to interview Dr. Newmark about the new technical communication journal called Xchange coming to New Mexico Tech. So far, that story is still a work in progress.

In other news, when my computer finally came, I was in charge of doing a couple of video editing projects. It was an interesting project.

I also locked myself out of the office with everything including my cell phone in the office. That really sucked. Otherwise, it was a learning experience--never leave your stuff in the office if you lose track of time.

I worked on an article about Chartwells and Student Affairs. The manager at Chartwells received an award that needed recognition and Brandon Samter, director of international and student exchange, was leaving to work for another college. It was pretty cool writing about something that was interesting.

So much for last week. It made up for itself for the stories I covered.

No comments: